Thursday, October 30, 2014

Baby Update: 18 Weeks




18 Weeks

How far along? 18 weeks
Baby Size: About the size of a bell pepper.
  Total weight gain: 10 pounds. Hasn't changed in the last couple of weeks, though I sure feel bigger. When I look at my picture I think: "That bump is tiny!" But it does not feel that way to be carrying the extra weight around!
 Maternity clothes? I can't wear any pants except my maternity pants now. My normal dresses and tops are still fitting for the most part. 
Stretch Marks? Nope.Thinking I wouldn't see these until much later anyways.
Sleep: I've been sleeping so much better than I did in the first trimester! Even though my belly has grown, for whatever reason it is now easier to find a comfortable position. 
Best moment this week: Feeling real kicks for the first time! I couldn't believe how strong they were, and my husband was able to feel them also. 
Miss Anything?  Being able to lift heavy things. I've been having to take it a little easier because I was getting round ligament pain when doing too much.
Movement: The baby seems to kick at night when I'm sitting on the couch. He likes to give about 8 strong kicks in the same place. 
Food cravings: Apple cider, pear jam, and meat! These last two weeks I've suddenly gotten over my dessert aversion and can stand the taste of sugar again. Not the best thing, so now I just have to restrain myself...
Gender Prediction: I'm still thinking boy, because it's more likely. And this baby is strong! But it could be a strong girl...
Symptoms: Round ligament pain has been giving me the most trouble. I have to be careful about doing too much and lifting too much, now that my energy levels are back and I've been cleaning and organizing like crazy.
Mood:  I am pretty non-emotional usually, but I've noticed a few times this week I've taken things to heart that I usually brush off. Pregnancy hormones maybe? Not sure.
Looking forward to: Getting our bedroom cleaned up so we can make way for baby stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't is just so exciting to feel those first kicks? I also felt my baby for the first time as a "thump" that was quite strong. I realized then I was probably feeling the baby before then but couldn't recognize it. Happy to hear you are feeling better! I also had rough round ligament pain throughout my pregnancy. The only thing that helped was seeing a chiropractor I was recommended to by my midwives who specializes in websters. It was miraculously helpful, and he even taught my husband how to massage my round ligaments every evening. So helpful! You look beautiful (Even without a head ;) ) and your little belly is so adorable. What a beautiful miracle pregnancy is, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! Feeling the kicks every night is my favorite part of the day! If my round ligament pain gets worse, I will definitely think about going to the chiropractor. Hopefully it was just that I was doing too much, but as I add weight out front, it may be harder. Pregnancy is a beautiful miracle and it gets more amazing every day. I can't wait to hold him or her!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.