Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I have a New Niece!

It is so hard to wait on certain things! Usually I am a patient person, but when it comes to certain things, like my friend's labors and babies arriving, I find myself almost going mad from anticipation.

This time, it was my sister-in-law who went into labor this afternoon, and since they didn't know the gender, I couldn't wait to hear if I was going to have a niece or nephew. Luckily, I didn't have to wait long, since my sister-in-law is known for her short labors (4 hours with #1, 2 hours with #2, 5 minutes with #3--and no I'm not kidding!). This time it was less than an hour, and I just heard the good news that it is a girl! This brings the gender tally to an equal balance in their household, with two boys and now two girls. I know her sister is going to be absolutely thrilled!

I am hoping that we will get to meet this precious new addition to the family tonight, but we shall see...

Even though I had to only wait about 50 minutes, I still had to keep myself busy somehow...and that I accomplished by getting this batch of pears ready to make pear jam. My landlord grows fruits and vegetables and is kind enough to share them with his tenants, so I got all of these naturally grown pears for free. They kept me busy until I heard the news.


It's funny how so far I am so much more patient about meeting our little baby, and just treasuring each day, but when it comes to other people's babies, it is so much harder to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.