Tuesday, October 21, 2014

First Project for Baby: Diaper Wetbag

It occurred to me that I really haven't made any preparations for the arrival of our little one. To me, April still seems like a long way off, especially considering the Holidays still stand in the way.

Today, I had an incredible burst of productive energy and decided I would start on some of the sewing projects I have been wanting to do. I cut out and pinned fabric to make 48 cloth wipes (my goal is to have between 40-50), and then sewed a diaper wetbag:


 I love this fabric and have used it on a few projects now, including recovering my desk chair after the cats scratched up its previous fabric.


Sadly, it's the most expensive fabric I ever purchased. It was a trip to Joann's where I sat holding the fabric in my hands for 30 minutes, trying to persuade my thrifty self that it was okay to buy a $25 dollar a yard fabric with a 50% off coupon. Obviously, I gave in, but I swore I'd put that one yard to good use.


 I'm happy with this wetbag, and I plan on making one more in a different fabric. Tomorrow, my mother is coming over and we'll cut out the fabric for all the cloth diapers I need to make. Everything is gender-neutral since we aren't finding out the gender of the baby. It's sad to pass up some of the really cute girl and boy fabrics in my stash, but oh well!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I don't know how to sew, so I admire people like you who have the skill to create beautiful things on their own. :-)

    I hope that you have a wonderful day!

    ~~Sarah in GA~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute bag. The colors are pretty!

    I never go into Joann's without my 50% off coupon. They really do help save money! :D

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.