Wednesday, October 15, 2014

16 Week Baby Update


16 Weeks

How far along? 16 weeks
Baby Size: About the size of an avocado.
  Total weight gain: 10 pounds. This seems like a lot for this far along, but considering how small I was before it's a very good thing.
 Maternity clothes? I just started wearing maternity clothes and it is making an amazing difference in my comfort level.
Stretch Marks? Nope.
Sleep: It varies a lot from night to night but for the most part I am staying rested and taking naps when I have a bad night. 
Best moment this week: Getting my bloodwork back from the midwife and finding out that everything is good! I was especially concerned to see if I was anemic and would need to add more iron to my diet.
Miss Anything? Being able to take ibuprofen when I have a headache. 
Movement: I think I felt a few flutters this week, and I can't wait to feel more!
Food cravings: Comfort food and meat--I made chicken pot pie on Monday and beef stew yesterday. Yum! What I can't stand to think of eating includes all sugary foods and desserts and hamburgers. These repulsions have lasted the entire pregnancy so far. 
Gender Prediction: I think it's more likely that we are having a boy since there are a lot of boys on my husband's side, but it would be fun to have a girl since my new niece was just born today and  they would be less than 6 months apart!
Symptoms: My energy levels are pretty low, and I've just started noticing that I need to be careful about heavy lifting as I've started to really feel it my abdominal muscles. 
Mood:  I haven't had mood swings in pregnancy yet, which I'm sure my husband is grateful for! So far I am just feeling more and more excited. 
Looking forward to: Feeling real kicks!

2 comments:

  1. Look at that beautiful belly! You look great. My husband's side has ALL boys, and I had a girl! Everyone was shocked. She's the first girl after 7 boys in a row. Are you planning to find out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! We're not going to find out... sometimes I feel like it would be nice to know, and then I think how fun it will be to find out in that exciting moment. Well, maybe we will have a girl! We were so shocked yesterday when it was a girl for my sister-in-law.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.