Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Master Bedroom To Do List

Our master bedroom is the one room in our house that isn't "done" and it's one of the major projects I want to finish before the baby comes. Since we only have one bedroom, the crib will be going in our room at the foot of our bed. 

This is how our bedroom looks when it is clean. I say "when it's clean" because it is rarely so these days, and I don't want to deceive you that my house is always decent looking. Everything leftover or out of place usually gets put in this room and right now there are boxes of wedding stuff at the end of the bed where the crib will be going. Not to mention boxes of wedding stuff under the bed and in the closets...


We bought some black shelves (from Ikea) that we need to hang over my husband's black corner desk (also from Ikea). This will allow him to get a lot of the books and knickknacks crowding his closet out of there and give him more space for his "real" closet things. I also want to get some shelves to put over our laundry hamper, where I would put some baby accessories. Since our space is so small, we have to utilize the walls!


One thing that had been on my to do list, is finally crossed off. I wanted a side table in black, with some storage space, and I looked everywhere before finding this at a rummage sale for $40. It is a really nice, solid piece, and though I wish it were cheaper (I always wish things were cheaper...), I have to admit it was a good price compared to what I had been seeing. Even the most flimsy side tables were $90-120. Gulp!


So for now, that leaves my master bedroom to do list with:

  • Hang black shelves over corner desk
  • Purchase nightstand
  • Purchase and hang shelves over hamper
  • Sell leftover wedding items
  • Organize under bed
  • Organize my closet
  • Organize my husband's closet
  • Purchase crib

I'd like to accomplish all of this before the baby comes, and although the list doesn't look long, selling the wedding items is the hardest and most important item on there! If all of it were sold, we'd have so much more space in our closets and under the bed. I'm putting this all out on the blog in the hopes that it keeps me accountable!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.