Thursday, November 20, 2014

More Projects!

I haven't blogged much, because I just can't seem to force myself to sit down and sit still long enough to write something. I have had so much extra energy in the second trimester (I'm 21 weeks now) and I figure I better use it to get everything done now before I move into the third trimester! So I've been cleaning--deep cleaning. Opening up cupboards in the kitchen, reorganizing closets, and finally getting to projects that I've put off for too long.

I've also been doing a lot of sewing. I'm working on getting my diaper stash ready:


This is my favorite of the diapers I've made so far. What do you think? Is it a good choice for gender neutral?

Of course, in all of my projects, I always have my little "helpers"


How would I get anything done without them? :P



I'm also planning on using cloth wipes. I've sewn 30 so far and have 20 to go. A friend taught me how to use my serger so now I can finish these super fast! I have quickly fallen in love with serging...


I've also been preparing for the Holidays. We don't have a lot of money to spend on Christmas this year (actually our budget is close to zero), so I'm trying to be creative and make most of our gifts for family and friends. One way I do that is by giving the gift of home-canned apple butter! People love it and it is super cheap if you get the apples on sale.


What projects have you been up to before the Holidays? Leave a link, as I'd love to see --I'm always looking for inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pattern on the cloth diaper! Very cute!

    I recently started making soap. That will be what we gift to family and friends this year. The link shows the first batch I made.

    http://shycountrygal.blogspot.com/2014/11/i-made-soap.html

    I hope to make a batch of coconut lime today, and oatmeal cinnamon tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.