Monday, March 2, 2015

Sprucing up Baskets




I've been trying to purchase baskets to hold baby stuff as the budget has allowed, and I had my eye on the ones that have those cute little chalkboard signs so you can label the contents. But because they are trendy they also seem to carry a ridiculously higher price tag...

At one place I looked, a basket with one of those tags was $15 compared to one the same size without it at $8. I didn't want to pay a premium for the chalkboard signs, so I bought baskets I liked at TJ Maxx (which has great prices on baskets--by far the best I've seen for the quality) and made the chalkboard signs myself. 

I bought little unpainted wood cutouts at Michaels for 30 cents each, painted them with chalkboard paint, and had my husband drill tiny holes on both sides. Then I laced string through them and attached them to the baskets. Voila! Chalkboard baskets without the price tag!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.