Monday, March 23, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 38 Weeks



38 Weeks

How far along? 38 weeks as of this last Thursday. 
Baby Size: About the size of a leek. Average baby size at this point is almost 7 lbs. The OB told us that the baby is small, but big babies run in my family, so we'll see.
  Total weight gain: 39 lbs. I'm still not sure how I gained this much! Except for the fact that this last month, I have been constantly hungry. I've forgotten what it feels like to feel full. 
 Maternity clothes? My mom bought me a few more maternity clothes, which was so nice of her. It's helpful to have even a few more pieces to make it through these last weeks.
Stretch Marks? Still none.
Sleep: I've been sleeping better this week, thankfully.
Best moment this week: Getting the OB appointment over with. Going there made me so much more thankful for my midwife and her excellent care. I can't wait to tell her how much I appreciate her at my next appointment! I never wait in her office, whereas at the OB's office we waited almost 2 hours before being seen. My midwife always speaks to me as if I am a partner in my health. Whereas, this OB as nice as he is, still seemed condescending.
Miss Anything? Being full and not having to eat all the time. But I suppose this won't change because I'll be nursing baby.
Movement: Baby's activity is about the same. But I have noticed that their active time is actually switching over more to day time than night time. Which is good!
Food cravings: Everything. I feel like a bottomless pit this week. I can't keep up with my appetite.
Gender Prediction: As my husband says, we feel it's a girl, but we think it's a boy. I really feel like it's a girl, but think most likely it's a boy (because of his family's track record with having boys!).
Symptoms: More and more pelvic pressure every day. 
Mood:  Feeling more "bleh" as I go into this next week. I'm glad that I got through the busyness of this last week, but I have almost nothing planned for next week and just sitting at home waiting around doesn't sound good either! I need to get a balance between doing too much and keeping myself busy in these last weeks!
Looking forward to: Having this baby! Pretty much everything is ready and we are just waiting at this point.

1 comment:

  1. The end is never fun! You just feel like you are waiting and will be pregnant forever! But before you know it baby will be in your arms:) I also gained quite a bit at the end of my pregnancy because I am tall and baby never seemed to be crowding my stomach like I've heard it is for some people. Big babies run in my family and my midwives kept telling me that they anticipate an average 7 pound baby.... and she ended up being 9 pounds! You never know I guess. Also, my husband's family is all boys (7 of them in 6 years and no girls!), and so we were all convinced we were having a boy, and were shocked when a little girl arrived. I'm guessing girl for you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.