Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 36 Weeks

36 Weeks


How far along? 36 weeks exactly today. For once I'm posting right on time!
Baby Size: About the size of a head of romaine lettuce.
  Total weight gain: 35 lbs. I think I will have gained 40 lbs. by the end, which is so much more than I thought I would! But I know it is still healthy and in the range of normal considering that I was small to start with.
 Maternity clothes? I have only two pairs of maternity pairs of pants that I wear regularly. And maybe 5 shirts. I'm so glad my mother bought me a bigger coat for Christmas because it's the only one I still fit and it's been very cold where we live recently.
Stretch Marks? Still none, thankfully. 
Sleep: Something happened this last week and I just stopped sleeping well for a while. I think it was mostly because of all the things on my mind that I felt I still needed to do before baby comes. Luckily, my mother stayed with me for the past three days and we got the majority of the things out of the way. I'm sleeping much better now. 
Best moment this week: Completing the nursery and having everything in its place. 
Miss Anything? Not going to lie, I miss being small. It's hard to be so large and keep bumping into things with my belly!
Movement: The baby likes to really let us know it's there! It's movements are so pronounced and it's fun to watch all the ripples and kicks on the belly.
Food cravings: Still wanting to eat healthy things mostly.
Gender Prediction:  I'm absolutely thinking girl. In fact, I almost wrote something about the baby on facebook using the pronoun "her" yesterday! All my dreams continue to be about a girl. It will be quite a surprise if it's a boy.
Symptoms: The baby dropped early this week. I noticed it first because I could sing in church, whereas before I could barely breathe. It's made it more comfortable in some ways, but I also have more pelvic pressure. I've noticed that my Braxton Hicks contractions are getting more painful, more frequent, and they don't just occur when I'm being very active.  
Mood:  I'm happy because things are in order at the house and I feel more prepared. Plus, I only have one week to go until I'm considered "safe" to have the baby with my midwife. 
Looking forward to: My baby shower on Saturday put on by my church! Oh, and getting my crockpot freezer meals put together next week with my sister-in-law. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.