Monday, March 30, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 39 Weeks


39 Weeks

How far along? 39 weeks as of this last Thursday. 
Baby Size: As big as a watermelon! I certainly believe it because I feel like it!
  Total weight gain: 40 lbs. And I'm still hungry ALL the time.
 Maternity clothes? It's quite comical how most of my maternity shirts can't even cover this belly anymore! 
Stretch Marks? I think I might have one, but it's so hard to tell. I know this is the time to get them. Maybe you can tell more once you've delivered and everything starts shrinking?
Sleep: I've been experiencing more rough nights this week. I've been waking up hungry or with cramping and contractions and can't get back to sleep.
Best moment this week: Having my midwife appointment and just talking over all the last minute things with her. Everything is feeling so real. I'm really going to have this baby! I so look forward to the birth we are planning and having her there.
Miss Anything? Being able to sing with my full voice and all my breath. I love singing and it's hard not to be able to sing like I used to.
Movement: Still moving around a lot!
Food cravings: I'm loving fruit and lots of light things, because the weather has turned hot suddenly (80-90 degrees).
Gender Prediction: As my husband says, we feel it's a girl, but we think it's a boy. I really feel like it's a girl, but think most likely it's a boy (because of his family's track record with having boys!).
Symptoms: More Braxton hicks contractions, but no "real" contractions.
Mood:  I'm in good spirits, but I really hope baby comes soon, because I feel like my energy levels are plummeting with each day. I can't believe how heavy I feel, and I really want to be energized for the labor.
Looking forward to: The times I have planned with friends this week to keep me busy and occupied.

5 comments:

  1. It's almost time! Isn't it funny how shirts you thought were HUGE in the beginning of your pregnancy are too small now? I bought an XL maternity shirt to wear to bed and at the end of my pregnancy it was the only shirt that really fit well. The last weeks are definitely a test in patience. My midwife suggested we plan a big date on our due date, otherwise we will just be waiting around (and sulking in my case!) on our due date. It definitely made it more fun! And as I went 12 days over my due date, my husband and I did all sorts of fun stuff together to keep our minds off of our stubborn baby. Can't wait to see this little one! I vote girl! (but let me warn you I have a terrible track record and even guessed my own baby wrong)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't even believe it, Amy! I never thought I would grow out of my maternity clothes. So far I still have patience left, but I can imagine how hard it gets as it gets past 41 weeks. Especially because where I live there is a law that you can't deliver with a midwife past 42 weeks. That's a lot of stress to put on an expectant mother towards the end! I've been planning a bunch of visits with friends this week to keep me busy. So far it's helping things go faster!

      Delete
  2. Awww...I am so excited for you! I've enjoyed reading your pregnancy updates each week. I've always loved reading these updates from others, and seeing just how different each woman's pregnancy is. :)

    Praying for you, your husband, and that sweet baby in these final, exciting days! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angel! It is fun to see how different it is for everyone. I know I've learned a lot about pregnancy through other people's experiences. Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  3. With my last baby I bought I enormous pants "for the third trimester". Yeah, they were second trimester pants. :) I should have known; it was my third baby! But no. I was giant and surprised even myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.