Sunday, March 15, 2015

Baby Update: 37 Weeks



37 Weeks


*I'm moving to updating weekly instead of biweekly because I really want to document this last part of my pregnancy*

How far along? 37 weeks as of this last Thursday! I'm past the 37 week mark and it is now considered "safe" to have the baby with my midwife. 
Baby Size: About the size of a "mini watermelon."
  Total weight gain: 36ish lbs. I've stopped weighing myself at home and now just wait for my midwife appointments. 
 Maternity clothes? I just keep rotating through the few that still fit.
Stretch Marks? Still none, thankfully. My midwife mentioned that it could be because I've taking fish oil which really helps with skin elasticity. But it also could be genetics, because my mom didn't get any either. Although, there still could be four weeks to go!
Sleep: For most of the week, sleep was restless and interrupted. It's just so hard to get comfortable with such a big belly.
Best moment this week: Getting six crockpot freezer meals done and packed away in our fridge. And my friend coming over to help me put the last of the baby stuff away! I'm really starting to feel prepared.
Miss Anything? Being small.
Movement: Still kicking up a storm! Baby is moving so much and there have been so many more painful pokes and jabs lately because they are so strong. Baby also seems to like to flail all of its limbs at once and try to stretch itself out...
Food cravings: Fruit and sugar.
Gender Prediction: As my husband says, we feel it's a girl, but we think it's a boy. I really feel like it's a girl, but think most likely it's a boy (because of his family's track record with having boys!).
Symptoms: More contractions, but nothing falling into a regular pattern. My feet are hurting more also because of how much weight they're being forced to bear.
Mood:  I'm happy because of all the things we accomplished this week, like getting the carseat and buying the stroller, but I'm dreading this next week before it even begins because of all the things I have packed into it. I know I'm supposed to be slowing down, but instead it keeps feeling like I am squeezing "one last thing" in in many areas of my life. Yikes!
Looking forward to: Getting this week over. It may sound silly to dread it so much, but I have an appointment with my midwife's backup OB and I'm not looking forward to it. I hear he is an excellent OB but I don't look forward to going to a strange doctor's office where I know things will be so much different than the beautiful relaxed atmosphere of my midwife's office. I have to meet with him, however, in the case of a hospital transfer, so that I can go to a good OB instead of just being put into someone's random care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.