Sunday, April 5, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 40 Weeks


40 Weeks

How far along? 40 weeks and 3 days as of today! 
Baby Size: Average baby is around 7 lbs, but both my husband and I were big babies at almost nine pounds. We shall see...
  Total weight gain: 40 lbs. 
Stretch Marks? I think some have formed in the last two weeks, but we'll see for sure afterwards.
Sleep: It's been hit or miss this week.
Best moment this week: Having my sweet husband take care of so many things for me and generally just do all he can to ensure my comfort. It's been neat to see how much he is looking forward to being a father too. I've really realized on a deeper level how caring he is throughout this pregnancy and especially this week.
Miss Anything? Being able to actually hug my husband! You know...without hitting into him with the baby belly first!
Movement: Baby is moving around a lot and it's so obvious to other people, which is neat.
Food cravings: Coffee, fruit, and sugar. But, I am not giving into my cravings, except for fruit! I weaned myself off of caffeine a month ago in preparation for breastfeeding.
Gender Prediction: At this point, I suddenly am not thinking one way or another. I just want a healthy baby!
Symptoms: Cramping and Braxton Hicks contractions, but no real contractions yet.
Mood:  I'm feeling good and really hoping baby decides to come this week, but I know I might still have more time to go. I don't mind being pregnant longer, since I know it will come to an end soon, but I really do want to see our little baby and get to start taking care of them! All of my friends who were due around this time have had their babies and I love looking at the pictures, but it makes me want to see our baby soon too.
Looking forward to: Giving birth!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you!! Can't wait to see your precious little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost time! Praying for you to have a safe outcome and to be brave!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.