Sunday, May 19, 2013

Using my Canned Apple Pie Filling


It's always fun to use the products you've canned for the first time. It's nerve-wracking at the same time. Did the seal stay? Are the contents okay? These are just a few of the worries of a novice canner, like myself.

Tonight I opened two jars of apple pie filling that I'd made in January to make apple turnovers. 

Cutting in the butter.

I haven't mastered pie crust yet, so I thought turnovers would be easier. I used a simple biscuit recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook and added extra sugar to make for a sweeter dough. 


The seal on the jars were perfect and the contents looked good too. That's always a relief. 


The end result were huge golden brown delicious-tasting turnovers. 


 Yum!


1 comment:

  1. Oh do those look yummy! Now I'm going to have to make some of my gluten free apple turnovers.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.