Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Review of a New Recipe Book: Slow Cooker-Tonight!


I recently purchased Slow-Cooker Tonight!and it's quickly become one of my favorite recipe books. I love the convenience of using the slow cooker because I work during the day and it can be tough to find the energy to put together a nice meal after a long day of work. Using the slow cooker makes it easy for me to put together a meal in the morning when I have more time and energy. I've found that most of the recipes in this book take only 30 minutes to prepare in the morning, and are ready after a normal work day--8 or so hours.

Even if you don't work outside the home, it's nice to make a yummy meal earlier in the day and have it ready by dinnertime! My other favorite thing about using the slow cooker is the way it brings out the juices in meats and makes for a tender, flavorful meal. I've tried a couple of the recipes in this book and each has been incredibly delicious. Below are some photos of my results. 

First, I tried their recipe for beef stroganoff. The sauce that accompanied this one was amazing. 


Second, I tried their Indian-inspired "Chicken Korma." Yes, it was as good as it looks!


There are lots more recipes I would like to try. The book has recipes for all sorts of things I'd never considered making in a slow cooker: hot drinks, dips, puddings, and even cheese cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.