Thursday, May 30, 2013

A New Quilt

I'm not really a "quilter" by most standards, in that I've never made anything more elaborate than squares pieced together. However, I enjoy having some simple sewing to do in the evenings. I take it slow, and it's very relaxing. There's no deadline or pressure to complete it (other than to get it off my floor!)

Below is the quilt I'm working on now. I end up having a lot of fabric scraps leftover from the diapers and pads I sell on Etsy, and I find that making baby quilts is a good way to put them to use. 


I sewed my first two rows tonight...


My mother put the pattern together, and I think it looks a little Western --almost like it's for a  future little cowgirl. What do you think?

1 comment:

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.