Monday, February 9, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 32 Weeks



32 Weeks


How far along? 32 weeks. I can't believe we only have 8 (ish) more week to go!
Baby Size: About the size of jicama or pineapple.
  Total weight gain: 30 lbs. This is more than I thought I would have gained at this point, and having always been petite, it feels like a lot to be carrying around. But I know it's normal to start feeling heavy at this point in the pregnancy. 
 Maternity clothes? When I bought my maternity clothes, they seemed so roomy that I didn't think there would come a time when they would get tight, but that time has come. I still am hoping to make to the end without having to make any more purchases, because it's not in the budget. 
Stretch Marks? Still none, thankfully. 
Sleep: It is harder to get comfortable lying down, but I'm still able to get to sleep and sleep through the night. 
Best moment this week: Buying the birth tub. It made it feel a little more real and like we are really getting close to holding our baby.
Miss Anything? I miss being small and nimble. It's weird to not be able to squeeze through things by turning sideways. Lol.
Movement: The baby is still very active, mostly at night or early morning. 
Food cravings: I've been craving healthy meals with fruit and vegetables. I like things made from scratch and as close to "real food" as possible. My husband and I have been eating a lot less processed foods since I became pregnant and it's amazing how we don't even like the taste of a lot of foods we used to like before, like Pringles and certain sweets made with "artificial" flavors.  
Gender Prediction:  I'm dreaming of giving birth almost every night, and every time, the baby is a girl. However, everyone is predicting the baby is a boy, even random strangers and our grocery cashier tonight!
Symptoms: Mostly pelvic pain after days of doing a lot and being on my feet. 
Mood:  I've has a lot more mood fluctuations as I get closer to the end, which feels so weird to me, but I have found that exercising helps keep my mood more balanced. 
Looking forward to: The baby shower we are having at the end of the month, and getting more things ready for the baby's arrival. 

2 comments:

  1. I also gained more weight than I anticipated, but usually in the last trimester you gain less because there's just less room for food! Your belly looks great and you will lose it just fine after baby arrives. As for maternity clothes, I definitely had to buy a second round of clothes at around 30 weeks or so. The belly gets so big in the end! I remember I had an XL maternity top that I could not believe fit at the end of my pregnancy! (I was wearing mostly mediums until the last few months). A good place to look for cheap maternity clothes is the Clothes Mentor, Ebay, and Zulily if you can swing enough for a few thing to get you through to the end. Hope you enjoy your shower and this joyful time! It goes by so fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you saying something about having to buy more clothes towards the end on one of my earlier posts, Amy. And even though you warned me I didn't quite believe it! The clothes just seemed so big when I bought them!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.