Friday, February 27, 2015

A Storm on the Way


There's a storm moving in over the mountain ridge behind our house today, and it's a race against time to get the laundry done. When it rains out here, the washer fills up with rain water and usually a whole host of dirt with it too. I just put my last load in and am hoping it finishes before the rain drops start to fall!


The rain we've received in the last few months has been a welcome blessing and I'm trying to soak in every moment of the view from my windows actually being green. It is usually just plain old brown dirt, so I feel incredibly blessed with this view.

Today, I've been baking for my baby shower, which is at my mom's house tomorrow. I made mini brownies in these cute little wrappers. I can't wait to see everyone and celebrate tomorrow! The shower is an afternoon English tea theme (one of my favorite things!).


Yesterday, my landlady let me look through bags of baby things she had been given. They were all for boys, so I tried to choose only the gender neutral things that could work for a girl too. I got a few clothes, a bunch of socks, some toys, blankets, burp cloths, and bibs. We haven't gotten much for the baby until this point, so these are some of the first things (other than the cloth wipes and diapers I had made) that are going into the space.

The last few days I've been having a lot more contractions than usual, and I also feel like the baby has moved down lower into my pelvis, which makes walking a chore. I am hoping this means that my body is gearing up for labor and that baby will come on time. Where I live, there is a state law preventing you from having your baby in the care of a midwife past 42 weeks, so I am definitely hoping it is sooner rather than later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.