Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Finished Cloth Diaper Stash


I've finally finished sewing the cloth diaper stash I want to have ready when baby arrives. Because we are keeping the gender a surprise, I went with neutral prints. My goal was to make 15 of these cloth fitted pocket diapers (which are the same ones I sell in my Etsy store), and I ended up making 16. 


 I will be pairing these with Prorap Classic Diaper Covers in different sizes. My friend who used my cloth diapers with her girls used these covers and found them to work really well together, so hopefully it does for us too!

For the first few weeks, I plan on using disposable diapers and wipes just because I don't want to be doing laundry and learning all about cloth diapering at a time that I need to recover and bond with our baby. But after that, I can't wait to use our cloth diapers and wipes. It will save us so much money!


My husband installed these shelves in our bedroom where we are keeping the diapers and wipes handy. 


Now my baby sewing project list has another thing crossed off! Which only leaves:
  • 50 cloth wipes -- made 60
  • 15 cloth diapers --  made 16
  • 2 diaper wet bags -- made 1
  • 15 nursing pads
  • K'tan baby carrier (really excited to follow this tutorial here)
  • Diaper changing clutch (using this tutorial here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.