Thursday, January 22, 2015

Baby Update: 28 Weeks

 

28 Weeks


How far along? I'm actually 30 weeks today, but I'm going back in time to do my 28 week update (This picture is from 28 weeks).
Baby Size: About the size of an eggplant.
  Total weight gain: 25 lbs. I gained a lot of weight in December but I've started plateauing since then. 
 Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively. And even they are starting to feel a bit snug! I'm hoping I can make it to the end without having to make any more purchases.
Stretch Marks? None at this point. 
Sleep: I'm still sleeping soundly. My husband's work routine has changed and we thankfully no longer have to get up at 5 am, which I have really appreciated.
Best moment this week: Having the crib arrive and setting it up!
Miss Anything? I am starting to miss my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. My maternity wear is limited and I'm looking forward to wearing some of my favorites again. 
Movement: Baby is very active, still mostly at night. Luckily, the baby has turned and is now head down, and hopefully will stay that way till birth.
Food cravings: Sugar, sugar, sugar. I hated sugar in the first trimester, but now I crave it all the time.
Gender Prediction: Oddly enough, I'm starting to lean towards girl, for no reason whatsoever! 
Symptoms: Lots of creaking from all that relaxin that is in a pregnant lady's system. I feel everything loosening up. 
Mood:  I find myself having very little patience with people's cautions and/or stories of terrible labors and complications. I am usually very patient and don't take what people say seriously if I don't want to, but I'm finding I now have very little tolerance for all the horror stories people love to tell pregnant women.
Looking forward to: Finishing my sewing projects, like my cloth diaper stash and the sling I plan to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.