Sunday, March 23, 2014

Things I Learned from Being a Nanny

A few years ago, I had my favorite job of all-time: being a nanny to an 11-month old little girl. Today, I came across something I had jotted down in my notebook during that time,which made me laugh:

  • Silence, though perhaps welcome, is usually a bad sign. A very bad sign. 

  • It is most imperative to take any and all chances to use the restroom, because once you have a child in your care, your chances to use the restroom drastically decrease.

  • Saying "No" only increases a child's desire for the item a hundred-fold.

  • Personal space does not exist for babies. Secure all articles of clothing tightly lest they be torn off or open.

1 comment:

  1. Haha all of them very very true! Small children have no sense of their own or your modesty!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.