Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Homemade Laundry Soap


I've been using this recipe for years because it is simple, effective, and cheap: 

Powdered Laundry Soap

  • 1 cup grated Fels Naptha Soap
  • 1/2 cup washing soda
  • 1/2 cup Borax


The only tools you'll need are a cheese grater, a bowl, and a plate.


First I grate the Fels Naptha--this is the only "hard" part. I recommend wearing a dampened bandana over your face as you do this so as not to inhale the particles of soap. If you had a real mask that would be even better, but, I do not.


My not-so-helpful but certainly beautiful assistant watches the whole process...


I didn't have exactly 2 cups to double the recipe, but I doubled it anyway. You can't really go wrong with it. 


Mix everything together....and voila! Your own homemade laundry soap for pennies.
Use 2 Tbsp. for normal loads and 3 Tbsp. for larger/dirtier loads. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.