Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Move Update (with more pictures)


I've been extremely busy at work and extremely busy with moving, but here are some photos of my progress:


The living and kitchen areas are all I've worked on so far. This room used to look like this:


It's hard to see in these colors because I took them at night, but the wall color is a soft gray 


My country kitchen.


 I love this pot rack from IKEA


I love the country feel of my sink. It makes me happy when I'm doing my dishes. 


I got my table at IKEA for $149 and am very impressed with the quality. I thought these would be rickety chairs but they are quite sturdy and the table is nice and solid as well. I hung my washboard and have a plate to hang on the other side. 


This morning, I had a visitor at my backdoor. There is a family of cats living under my shed and every day it seems I see a new one. There are at least six!


So far, living in the country is just what I imagined it to be. Every morning, my neighbor's rooster wakes me up (at 5 am, no less). I hear horses neighing out the window, and goats are bleating in the background. Even though I have a long commute, coming home to my area instantly relaxes me. 

1 comment:

  1. Will you please come over to my home and decorate it for me? :) you have such a knack for making a place look homey. I am so happy you have been able to find a place you feel relaxed and at-home. My husband and I are also contemplating a move which would bring us a little further into the country, and I'm very excited about that idea.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.