Monday, November 16, 2015

The Unexpected


It's a windy and cold day here, and there is a lot that my brain is processing.

The last two weeks have been very eventful. There has been a lot of bad news. Our only car was in a car accident and is out of commission. A family member suffered a heart attack. Other family members are having problems with their jobs. A friend broke up with her fiance and their engagement is over. In the midst of all this, I had a teething baby that was clingy and whiny. To top it off, this is my husband's busy season for work and he is away on business almost every week.

When he finally did make it home to us for the weekend, he was sick and the weekend we had hoped to enjoy together was instead full of tissues, coughing, and a fever.

In the midst of all this, we learned something surprising: we are pregnant with baby number two. Wow. With our first only 7 months old, you can bet I was surprised starring at that positive pregnancy test. So many things ran through my mind. People will think we are crazy. How will I manage two under two?



But despite the little fears that creep in, I know deep in my soul that this is good. And that this is right. I could never know when to "plan" the next child for us. There are too many things to consider and I'd get overwhelmed. But God knows. And His timing is perfect, so we can rest assured that this is the perfect time for this child to come to us.

So we thank Him and look forward to who this child will be and what they will add to our family.

Now that I already have one, I look forward even more to what they will be like--their personality, their hair color, their face. I look forward to meeting them for the first time...that precious moment that can never be forgotten. Their little newborn cry. There is so much to look forward to!

And for every thought that whispers, "what if" and "how will you..." there is the strength and peace of God that envelopes me and reassures me that He will give me what I need each day at a time.


5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for all of the tough things going on around you! But I am so happy for you that you are pregnant! What wonderful news. It won't be easy with two little ones but nothing in life worth doing is easy :) I would LOVE to be pregnant again but my body has completely shut off from nursing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I'm so sorry that you're in that position--I have a few friends who are going through the same thing. Nursing just prevents them from getting pregnant again. I'm actually really just hoping that I can keep nursing because my supply has already dropped. So that's a big focus for me right now. I really don't want to switch to formula! How long do you plan to continue nursing? Or are you letting her self wean?

      Delete
  2. Amen! GOD's timing is perfect in our lives, and what a reassurance it is to know that GOD gives us the strength to go through trials, and wraps us up in HIS glorious peace when we allow HIM to. :)

    And congratulations on expecting your new little one. What a blessing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, Congratulations!
    Didn't you say before that you have a neighbor with goats? If so, maybe you could use raw goats milk for your baby, if need be. We have a friend who's daughter didn't have enough milk for her baby and it had problems with all the formulas so they put her on raw goats milk. That baby did great! The pediatrician didn't like it though. He tried to scare them into taking her off it.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your life will certainly be busier, but filled with so much joy! God's timing is always perfect, and maybe in this sense it's to add some joy to the sorrow and frustrating circumstances you've been experiencing! My brother and his wife have 2 children in about the same age span as you will - although my sister-in-law says the first year was def busy and challenging, watching their close sibling relationship develop has been so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.