Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This City Girl is Moving to the Country

I've been absent from this blog lately, but it is not without good reason. I have finally decided to take the plunge and move more into the "country." In my new place I will have a lot more space, a dirt backyard, and the chance to raise chickens and maybe some even bigger animals. I have big plans but for now I'm going to take it one step at a time.

I've been a city girl for the past 12 years, somewhat against my will. Until now I haven't had a chance to pursue my dreams of living in a more rural area. So when a place opened up in a good area where I know the neighbors, I decided to take it. Now, I have a hundred things swirling through my mind as I prepare to put a little household together. I'd forgotten how much is involved in moving, and I'm already finding out I had a lot more stuff than I thought I had.

Still, all of it is very exciting. I will have a new place to decorate and organize and a kitchen all to myself, where I can cook and can to my heart's content. There is a lot to do in the coming weeks. I'm picking out paint colors for the kitchen and living room this Sunday and moving in August 1st. I'm ready to start this new adventure!

In other news, I just got back from a week's vacation in Wisconsin where I had a chance to soak up all of the beautiful countryside and relax a little before heading into a busy time. Almost everything in Wisconsin is green and it is incredible, especially when you are used to only shades of brown.

One of the gardens we visited in Wisconsin

I'll share two more pictures from my trip. First a washboard I bought at an antique store out there. I plan on hanging in my new kitchen.


And last, a new purse, that goes perfectly with a dress I have in the same color. I absolutely adore this color. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is so exciting! I have to say, there are few things more fun than decorating and organizing your own home just the way you want it. Will you be moving far from your family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's so true, Amy! I'm excited to set up house. I'll be 40 minutes away from my family, but where I live that's not a far drive. I will be driving longer than 40 minutes (one way) to work every day. I'm sure I'll still see my family often.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.