Thursday, June 20, 2013

Homemade Beauty: Exfoliating with Sugar


My mom was the one who passed along to me the trick to use sugar as a natural scrub for the face.  I only wish I'd started using it sooner. It's not only incredibly cheap (you can get 5 lbs. of sugar for around $1.99 usually--and you won't be going through that much sugar on your face for a long time), but I've also had great success with it.

From the time I was 10 to the time I was 20, I struggled with bad acne. In my twenties it tapered off dramatically, but I would still get occasional bad bouts. However, since I started using a sugar scrub to exfoliate, my acne has all but disappeared. Exfoliating your face lifts away the dead skin and other build up on your skin that would normally clog pours. And it goes beyond what just washing your face with a washcloth can do.

Using sugar as a scrub is incredibly simple. I dampen my face first.  Then I put a bit of sugar in my hand and get that a bit wet before rubbing it on my face very gently. Rubbing gently is the key, as the granules do the work for you and no force is needed. I rub for a few seconds and then rinse off the sugar. It leaves your face feeling incredibly smooth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please know that many comments will not make it through my "filter." Polite, reasonable, lovely, and sensible comments are always permitted. Rude, hateful, and deliberately disagreeable comments are not.